This will be a beginner/low-intermediate level class to study the book Mastering Genealogical Documentation by Tom Jones. We will cover the principles outlined in the book as well as discuss the workbook questions.
Details of the course (PLEASE READ):
- There will be three sessions led by Cyndi Ingle of Cyndi’s List: Wednesdays at Noon Pacific/3pm Eastern, 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern, and 7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern (so adjust for your time zone). Beginning March 29 – May 17, 2023 (7 weeks, plus optional 8th week). Each class will be about an hour.
- We will meet on Zoom.
- Cost for the course: $75
- You must own a copy of Mastering Genealogical Documentation, available through NGS, https://www.ngsgenealogy.org/mastering-genealogical-documentation/
- There are questions in the book that we will use to guide discussion. Reading the chapter and answering the discussion questions will prepare you for each week’s class.
- For first half (or so) of each class session, we will present/recap the principles for that week (we’ll have slides).
- The second half will be going over the discussion questions.
- There will also be a private Facebook group for this class only so you can ask questions and discuss issues in-between class sessions.
- Class size is limited to 25.
- About 3 weeks before the first class, and email with more details will be sent out.
If you are interested, please sign up for the class time you are interested in:
- Wednesday daytime at Noon Pacific/3pm Eastern (Register: https://checkout.square.site/merchant/MLW4SM8XQ2J47/checkout/EGRDGMDQOFLBNAQEAA6SU43G)
- Wednesday afternoon/evening at 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern (Register: https://checkout.square.site/merchant/MLW4SM8XQ2J47/checkout/FHKY4O3PEBVZNGCFD5L4RD5B)
- Wednesday evening at 7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern (Register: https://checkout.square.site/merchant/MLW4SM8XQ2J47/checkout/MMN2ZYBZLILPXMVW5ISLTSOY)
We look forward to studying with you!
NOTE: If this session does not work for you and you would like to go back on the waitlist, please click this link to sign up.