This will be a beginner/low-intermediate level class to study the book Mastering Genealogical Proof by Tom Jones. We will cover the principles outlined in the book as well as discuss the workbook questions.
Details of the course (PLEASE READ):
- There will be THREE sessions: Wednesday daytime at 3pm Eastern, Wednesday evenings at 7pm Eastern, and Wednesday at 10pm Eastern (so adjust for your time zone), all are being led by Cyndi Ingle (of Cyndi’s List). Beginning February 1 – March 15, 2023 (7 weeks). Each class will be about an hour.
- We will meet on Zoom.
- Cost for the course: $75
- You will need to have the book, Mastering Genealogical Proof. It can be purchased on Amazon or through the National Genealogical Society if you don’t already have it.
- There are questions in the book that we will use to guide discussion. Reading the chapter and answering the discussion questions will prepare you for each week’s class.
- For first half (or so) of each class session, we will present/recap the principles for that week (we’ll have slides).
- The second half will be going over the discussion questions.
- There will also be a private Facebook group for this class only so you can ask questions and discuss issues in-between class sessions.
- Class size is limited to 25.
Choose either of these two times, click the link to register:
- Noon Pacific/3pm Eastern – Click here to register.
- 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern – Click here to register.
- 7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern – Click here to register.
We look forward to studying with you!
NOTE: If this session does not work for you, we will be holding the next session August 2 – September 13, 2023. To be notified when registration opens for the next session, please click this link to sign up for the waitlist. (This waitlist is just a way for us to collect your email so we can notify you of registration and is not a guarantee of a seat in the class.)