The summer is fast approaching! It seems like Christmas was not that long ago. (Don’t tell anyone but I still have a string of Christmas lights hanging on our banister.) Since April is already here, I thought I’d take a moment and share my Summer and Fall travel and speaking schedule with you. Exciting things are on my horizon and I hope to see some of you at one of these events!
- April 9 – I will be speaking at the Austin Genealogical Society, Education Program – “Genealogical Opportunities, Both Online and Off”
- April 27 – I will be traveling to the Clayton Library with other area genealogists on a bus trip.
- April 30 – I am excited to attend a seminar featuring Dr. Michael Lacopo at the Kendall County (TX) Genealogical Society.
- May 7 – 15, my spouse and I will be taking a trip to Salt Lake City for nothing but research, research, research!
- May 21 – I will be attending the Austin Genealogical Society Annual Seminar featuring Thomas MacEntee.
- June 2-5 – I will be attending the Southern California Genealogy Jamboree, and will be presenting on Sunday.
- June 15-25 – I will be on a family vacation to Detroit Lakes, MN with a few genealogy stops tucked in somewhere along the way.
- June 26- July 2 – I will be attending GRIP and taking the Forensic Genealogy course.
- July 9 – I will be speaking at the Austin Genealogical Society, Education Program – “Intermediate Concepts in Genealogy”
- July 17 – 22 – This year I am lucky enough to attend both weeks of GRIP. The second time, I am taking the Practical Genetic Genealogy course.
- August 3 – I am presenting a webinar for the Minnesota Genealogical Society titled “The Third Coast: How the Great Lakes Shaped America”
- August 13 – I will be speaking at the Austin Genealogical Society, Education Program – “A Tour Through Major Record Types”
- August 25 – 27 – I will be attending GenStock to see what it’s all about! (Click here to read a blog post from Rev. David McDonald, CG who attended last year.)
- August 31-September 3 – I am attending the FGS Annual Conference in Springfield, IL.
- September 17 – I will be presenting an all-day seminar in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas for the Village Genealogical Society.
- September 22-25 – I am attending the APG’s Professional Management Conference in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I will also be presenting a program on Thursday titled “PERSI Possibilities: Better Research with ACPL’s Periodical Source Index”
- October 9 – 14 – I will be one of the lecturers in the course “Crossing the Pond” coordinated by Eric Stroschein at the British Institute sponsored by ISBGF in Salt Lake City.
- October 28 – 30 – Texas State Genealogical Society Annual Conference is in Dallas, TX.
- November 11-13 – I am considering attending the FamilyTree DNA Conference in Houston, but we will see what my budget and energy will allow by then. After writing up this list, this one may have to wait until next time.
- November 17 – I will be speaking at the Sun City (TX) Genealogy meeting.
Wow! I’m exhausted just writing this up! Well, that’s what’s in store for me for the rest of the year. I’ve got other projects underway as well. So, if you find yourself near me at any of these events, be sure to say ‘hi’!
2 thoughts on “Summer and Fall Schedule”
Wow, you are keeping busy. See you in Springfield.
Yes I am! It will be good to see you!