Learn tips for beginning research in an unfamiliar geographic area through the example of the Scroggins and Dimick families in Southern Illinois.
- Conducting a Geographic Survey
- How to get familiar with the counties, towns, and other geographic features
- Discussion on maps and geographic resources
- Conducting a Records-Availability Survey
- Demonstration on ways to determine the records that are available, both online and off using FamilySearch, Ancestry, County government websites, local libraries and universities, and ArchiveGrid.
- Creation of a research guide including tools, websites, and styles