Mastering Genealogical Proof – Beginning Principles Class
This is a beginner/low-intermediate level class to study the book Mastering Genealogical Proof by Tom Jones. We will cover the principles outlined in the book as well as discuss the workbook questions.
Details of the course (PLEASE READ):
- There will be two sessions: Wednesday daytime (lead by Cyndi Ingle of Cyndi’s List), at 3pm Eastern, and Wednesday evenings (lead by Cari Taplin) at 8pm Eastern (so adjust for your time zone). Beginning October 21, 2020 and ending December 2, 2020 (so 7 weeks total). Each class will be about an hour.
- We will meet on Zoom.
- Cost for the course: $50
- You will need to have the book, Mastering Genealogical Proof. It can be purchased on Amazon or through the National Genealogical Society if you don’t already have it.
- There are questions in the book that we will use to guide discussion. Reading the chapter and answering the discussion questions will prepare you for each week’s class.
- For first half (or so) of each class session, I will present/recap the principles for that week (I’ll have slides).
- The second half will be going over the discussion questions.
- There will also be a private Facebook group for this class only so you can ask questions and discuss issues in-between class sessions.
- Class size is limited to 25.
If you are interested, please sign up for the class time you are interested in:
Wednesdays, 3pm Eastern (with Cyndi): https://checkout.square.site/buy/B2CTZ6RZDKMBTFKXMDLMNVWJ
Wednesdays, 8pm Eastern (with Cari):
We look forward to studying with you!
NOTE: If this session does not work for you and you would like to go back on the waitlist, please click here to sign up: https://app.waitwhile.com/l/mgpbeginning