I returned from a fantastic week at the Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP) where I had the pleasure of taking “Advanced DNA” from Blaine Bettinger, Angie Bush, and Karen Stanbury, CG. I learned a lot and I learned I already knew a lot which is almost just as important when you are trying to build your confidence in your DNA analysis skills! GRIP has a fantastic line-up for July as well as their 2020 courses published. It’s one of my favorite institutes!
I have some exciting things planned for the rest of my year that I wanted to share:
- Legacy Family Tree Webinar, “Census Hurdles” on Friday July 26 at 1pm Central. To register, visit this link: https://familytreewebinars.com/webinar_details.php?webinar_id=894
- Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) Annual Conference in Washington, D.C., August 21-24, where I will be speaking and representing FGS as the VP of Membership.
- Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) Professional Management Conference (PMC), Salt Lake City, September 19-21. I am just participating (not speaking this year) and representing APG as a board member. I am also staying the week after for some personal research!
- Texas State Genealogical Society Conference in Katy, TX, October 11-13. I will be presenting two lectures and a luncheon presentation.
- SLIG Virtual “Intermediate Foundations,” Online, Coordinated by Sara Scribner, CG, Tuesdays September 10 – November 19, 11-2:15 Mountain. I will be teaching one class, but this is a fantastic opportunity if you need to get some of those intermediate-level foundations under your belt.
- SLIG Virtual, “All-DNA Advanced Evidence Analysis Practicum,” Coordinated by Angela Packer McGhie, CG, Saturdays October 12 – November 23. I will be participating, not presenting. They recently opened up another section so if you are interested, get registered!
- Wisconsin Genealogical Society Webinar, “Steamers, Schooners, and Tugs: Shipping on the Great Lakes.” Tuesday November 19 at 7pm Central. To register, visit this link: https://wsgs.org/cpage.php?pt=286
Phew! I’m tired just thinking about it. I hope to see you at at least one of these events. Be sure to say hi if you see me about.