Christmas will have just passed and the New Year is coming up quick!
I have the week off between Christmas and New Years and so does my husband, so I’m going to take some time away from the computer. I know, crazy, right? Ah, but it is a time to recharge, to rest, take a break, and spend time with my nearly grown kids.
I’ll be back next week with the next installment of County Histories. In the meantime, here is what’s on my plate for the first half of 2023:
- January 3 – Speaking to the San Angelo Genealogical and Historical Society on “My Cousin Trigger: The Power of Family Legends”
- January 10 – First NGSQ Study groups starting. There are still a couple of seats. Visit this page for more information and to register if you are interested.
- January 12 – Speaking to Denton County Genealogical Society on “Unfamiliar Territory, Researching in a New Geographic Area”
- January 19 – New Writing Workshop Group starts (Sold out, but get on the waiting list if you are interested for next year.)
- February 9 – Speaking to Avon Lake Public Library on “Unfamiliar Territory, Researching in a New Geographic Area”
- February 15 – Speaking to the 3M Genealogy Club on “From Deeds to Dirt: Case Studies in Analyzing Research with Maps”
- February 24 – Speaking to the Bay Area Genealogical Society (TX) on “How’d You Find That?!? Finding Hidden and Obscure Records”
- April 15 – Speaking to Sonoma County Genealogical Society on “Using Timelines and Tables to Analyze your Research”
- April 25-29 – Ohio State Genealogical Society Conference, Sandusky, Ohio – I’ll be the Keynote Speaker as well as giving a workshop and five other lectures.
- 20 May – Speaking to Pima County Genealogical Society on “Using Timelines and Tables to Analyze your Research”
- 23 May – Speaking to the Louisville Genealogical Society on “”From Deeds to Dirt: Case Studies in Analyzing Research with Maps”
- June 19-23 – Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP) – “The Spirit of the Inland Seas: Research in the Great Lakes Region” with Cyndi Ingle and Paula Stuart-Warren. I will also be teaching a couple of classes in Paula’s course “Digging Deeper.”
You can view my calendar at any time by scrolling down below to the footer of this page.
I hope you all have a happy holiday season!